Qian Naicheng, Chinese Ambassador to Turkmenistan
1. Chinese civilization has a long and uninterrupted history dating back to ancient times. A comprehensive and in-depth understanding of this history is essential to more effectively promote the creative transformation and innovative development of the brilliant traditions of Chinese culture, to more actively promote the construction of a socialist culture with Chinese characteristics, and to build a modern civilization of the Chinese nation.
2. Being the characteristic features of Chinese civilization, its continuity at a fundamental level determines that the Chinese people should follow their own path. If one does not understand China from the point of view of its long historical continuity, then it is impossible to understand either ancient China, or modern China, much less future China.
3. The innovativeness of Chinese civilization at a fundamental level determines the enterprising spirit of the Chinese people to remain fair and not old-fashioned, respect the past and not retreat, and also determines the fearless character of the Chinese people, who are not afraid of new challenges and boldly embrace the new.
4. The unity of Chinese civilization fundamentally determines that the cultures of the various ethnic groups of the Chinese nation are integrated and firmly united even in the face of serious setbacks, determines the common conviction that the country’s territory cannot be divided, there can be no chaos in the country, the nation cannot be scattered, and civilization cannot be destroyed, determines that the reunification of the state is always the core of China’s main interests, and also determines that a strong and united country is the pillar on which the well-being of the entire Chinese people depends.
5. The inclusiveness of Chinese civilization at a fundamental level determines the historical orientation of the exchanges and integration of the Chinese nation, the harmonious coexistence of various religious beliefs in China, as well as an open and inclusive worldview towards various world civilizations.
6. The peaceful character of Chinese civilization at a fundamental level determines that China will always be a builder of world peace, a participant in global development and a defender of international order, that China will continue to strive for exchanges and mutual learning among different civilizations, but not for cultural hegemony, which China will not impose its values and political system on others, that China will promote cooperation rather than confrontation, and will not forge closed blocs of like-minded people to counter dissidents.
7. In order to promote cultural prosperity, build a cultural power, and build the modern civilization of the Chinese nation, while at this new historical starting point, China must maintain a strong cultural confidence and continue to follow its own path, rely on the great historical and modern practice of the Chinese nation, generalize Chinese experience with Chinese principles, and develop Chinese experience into Chinese theory so as to achieve intellectual independence and self-sufficiency.
8. Combining the basic tenets of Marxism with the specific realities of China and the best examples of traditional Chinese culture is the path to follow to build and develop socialism with Chinese characteristics, based on more than 5,000 years of Chinese civilization.
9. Despite their different origins, Marxism and the best examples of traditional Chinese culture are largely compatible with each other.
10. We need to remain committed to the principles of openness and inclusiveness, uphold the principle of Chineseization and modernize Marxism, inherit and develop the outstanding traditional Chinese culture, adapt foreign cultures to China’s local conditions, and continuously cultivate and create a socialist culture with Chinese characteristics in the new era. /// nCa, June 7, 2023 (in cooperation with the Chinese Embassy in Ashgabat)
#China, #Chinese_civilization, #Qian_Naicheng