The meeting, chaired by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic Jeenbek Kulubayev, was attended by the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia and CIS Secretary General Sergey Lebedev.
The Turkmen delegation was headed by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan Rashid Meredov. Noting the priority directions and positions of Turkmenistan, Meredov stressed the constructive nature of cooperation within the CIS, where there is considerable potential for joint efforts.
During the discussion, new ideas and projects aimed at strengthening cooperation between the CIS countries were proposed. The prospects of cooperation in the field of science and education were also considered.
The meeting participants reviewed 20 draft documents, the CIS Executive Committee reports.
The following documents were approved during the meeting:
- Draft Action Plan for the Preparation and celebration of the 80th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War in the Commonwealth of Independent States in 2025.
- Draft agreement on the establishment of an International organization for the Russian Language and a statement on the promotion of the Russian language as a language of interethnic communication.
- Draft Agreement on the establishment of an International Risk Assessment Center for the Legalization (Laundering) of Proceeds from Crime and the Financing of Terrorism.
- Draft agreement on the formation of a Coordinating Council in the field of forensic expertise.
- Draft Interstate program of joint measures to combat crime for 2024-2028.
- Documents concerning the establishment of the medal “For Contribution to the Consolidation of Peace”.
- Documents on Observer status in the Commonwealth of Independent States and the status of a CIS Partner.
- The plan of multi-level inter-ministerial consultations within the CIS for 2024. In accordance with the Plan, it is proposed to hold consultations on cooperation in the field of culture, science, education, sports, tourism, youth policy, on economic cooperation within the framework of regional economic associations and economic aspects of the climate agenda, as well as on energy transition and the development of low-carbon energy.
- Action plan for 2024-2026 for the implementation of the Strategy for the Development of Cooperation between the CIS member states in the field of tourism.
- Action plan for 2024-2026 for the implementation of the Strategy for the Development of Cooperation in the field of Physical culture and Sports.
- Action plan for holding the Year of the Volunteer Movement in the Commonwealth of Independent States in 2024
- Statements in support of religious freedom, international relations in a multipolar world, and cooperation in the field of digitalization were also approved.
A number of decisions of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be considered at the CIS summit on 13 October and the CIS Council of Heads of Government on 26 October.
The next meeting of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs will be held under the chairmanship of Russia on 12 April 2024 in Minsk. ///nCa, 13 October 2023
#CIS, #Kyrgyzstan, #Turkmenistan