President Shavkat Mirziyoyev of Uzbekistan signed a decree on 2 December 2022, setting the roadmap toward Green Economy by 2030.
It is an ambitious plan. Here are the main points:
- The specific greenhouse gas emissions per unit of gross domestic product will be reduced by 35% against the level of 2010.
- The production capacity of renewable energy will be increased to 15 GW, bringing its total share in the electricity production to more than 30%.
- The energy efficiency in the industry will be increased by at least 20%.
- The energy intensity per unit of gross domestic product will be reduced by 30% through the expansion in the use of renewable energy resources.
- The efficiency of water use will be increased in all sectors of economy. The water saving technologies will be introduced for a cultivated area of up to 1 million hectares.
- The green spaces in the cities will be expanded by 30%. This will be done by planting 200 million seedlings every year, bringing the total number of seedlings to 1 billion.
- The index of reserves of the forest funds of the country will be brought to more than 90 million cubic meters.
- The level of recycling of household waste will be raised to more than 65%.
The ministries, departments, and organizations have been assigned their role in the national quest toward Green Economy.
The complete text of the presidential decree can be found here: https://uza.uz/ru/posts/o-merax-po-povysheniyu-effektivnosti-reform-napravlennyx-na-perexod-respubliki-uzbekistan-na-zelenuyu-ekonomiku-do-2030-goda_431600
The detailed instructions contained in the presidential decree suggest that the entire plan has been prepared carefully, taking into consideration all kinds of possibilities. /// nCa, 6 December 2022