From 1 March 2023, Tajikistan will increase the salaries of armed forces and law enforcement agencies by 25%.
Based on the minimum salary established by the government, the privates and up to lieutenant will receive a raise of 995 somoni in their monthly salary. The officers from senior lieutenant to army general will get a raise of 895 somoni.
The current exchange rate is 10.30 somoni to a US dollar.
According to the Tajik news service Asia Plus, here is the salary increase plan for the other sectors:
From July 1, 2023 , according to the signed decree, it is instructed to increase the official salaries of employees of organizations in the field of education, science, healthcare, social protection by 20 percent ;
– increase the size of the base salary for calculating the official salary of employees of healthcare organizations by 20 percent and set the amount of 440 somoni;
– increase the current student scholarships and other types of scholarships (except for presidential scholarships and cadets of higher military educational institutions and the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan) in the amount of 20 percent ;
– increase the basic pension by 20 percent and set it at 250 somoni;
– insurance pensions assigned on the basis of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Insurance and State Pensions”, to be indexed in the amount of the inflation rate of the last two years by 16 percent;
– the size of other existing pensions assigned on the basis of the laws “On pensions for citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan” and “On insurance and state pensions”, increase by 20 percent from the amount of the basic pension equal to 50 somoni. /// nCa, 7 February 2023